Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Project overload!

So many projects, so little time! I'm still working away on my 50's apron, and hope to have a finished product by the end of the week! I'm also plugging away at a crib quilt (IPG on the cutting... ya we all know how that goes) and sewing the pieces of a throw quilt from a jelly-roll. After this one's finished I might have formed an opinion on the jelly-roll concept. In theory, I like the idea- many fabric choices, little waste and much of the cutting is conveniently done for you in advance.  But I'm still not overly thrilled... I've never encountered one in which I liked all of the fabric selections, and the pinked edges create a substantial amount of fabric dust that settles in the machine (constant cleaning required). It's a tough call... I do hate cutting!

Last but not least, I had to dedicate a bit of time this evening to come up with two new cards for my etsy store collection. That's my mini-goal: 2 a week. It's a meager goal, but one I'm still likely to fail to meet on more than one occasion! Here is the fruit of this weeks labor. I spent part of the morning playing peek-a-boo with a kitten (yes, I'm an adult....really I am) and the game inspired me to create these animal peek-a-boo style cutesy any time cards. I like the concept, but feel like they are missing something. Maybe tomorrow, an idea will come to me.

And we all know that no crafter is complete without a plan for the next project to add to the pile. So, to top it all off, I ordered a new sewing pattern today, to try my first attempt at a blouse. This will require a degree of success in the fitting department, so it should be an interesting new challenge for me. Updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment