Monday, September 6, 2010

Holiday crafting

The big upside of holidays is that little bit of added time, to your otherwise jam-packed weekend. I spent a little of that time today, working on some new cards, so that my etsy shop would look a little less bare. There were a few definite discards, and one that is increasingly growing on me. I was playing with a few different embossing powders, and it is amazing to me how they all react to heat so differently. One of my newest additions is a "glassy glaze" enamel powder. The grains are much coarser than most powders, and it is significantly more difficult to control precisely where it goes because of this. It's not such a big deal with this card, because the stray spots provide a dewy effect. But I could certainly see this aggravating me under any other circumstance! Unless I figure this one out, this powder may be designated as a nature-card-only product!

No comments:

Post a Comment